Subscribe and Download
Technical details BRO-MAS®
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 150 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic < 60 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 10.0 [m/s] depends on lubrication - strain
- Temperature strain - 40 [°C] to + 150 [°C]
- Hardness 95 [HB]
- Standard material CuSn12
- Additional Alloys: CuSn7ZnPb (RG7), CuSn10, CuSn12, CuPb10Sn, CuPb15Sn, CuAl10Ni, CuSn10Zn (RG10), CuZn25Al5, CuSn5ZnPb (RG 5)
- Housing Ø Based on customer’s requirement
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting Based on customer’s requirement
- Shaft tolerance Based on customer’s requirement
- Steel, hardened or untempered, surface roughness ≤ Ra 0.8
- Suitable for applications in contaminated environment, good corrosion resistance.
Range of application
- Mining equipment, crane manufacturing, marine and offshore industry, hydraulic cylinders, construction equipment, vehicle manufacturing
- BRO-MAS® is a maintenance-heavy bushing, oil or grease lubrication is necessary.
SBS designs lubrication grooves to reduce maintenance to a minimum.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
- Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing when press fitting it into the housing.
- Freeze fitting is suitable for diameter > 130mm, dry ice or liquid nitrogen can be used.
- BRO-MAS® is a solid bronze bushing. Our standard casting method is centrifugal casting which delivers a better density and the strength of the material, as compared to the widely popular sandcasting method. However, sandcasting can be much more economical when it comes to large diameters or bushing shapes which have an extremely large flange diameter or more uncommon shapes.
There is often a misconception that every gold coloured metal is “just”a Bronze. SBS offers 9 different alloys for our Bronze Bearings and each of the alloys has its benefits for certain applications. They all differ in performance, especially in different environments. For higher rotational speeds, SBS would consider a high leaded bronze alloy whereas for saltwater applications it could be either Aluminium Bronze or Phosphor Bronze.
BRO-MAS® Bronze bushings are a maintenance-bond bearing material. They need to be greased regularly, otherwise the bushing as well as the shaft will wear out very fast. It is necessary to have a sufficient distribution of grease in the high load area between the shaft and the bushing. Also the type of movement, oscillation or continuous rotation, will determine the choice of groove system.
SBS is capable to fine tune the performance of the bronze bearings with the right choice of alloy and groove design.
Special dimensions and imperial sizes are available on request.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.