Subscribe and Download
Technical details COM-KU®/M
- Specific load capacity static ≤ 240 [N/mm2]
- Specific load capacity dynamic ≤ 140 [N/mm2]
- Sliding speed ≤ 0.2 [m/s]
- Friction value 0.03 [µ] to 0.12 [µ]
- Temperature strain - 100 [°C] to + 160 [°C]
- Max. PV-value 1.8 [N/mm² x m/s]
- Moisture absorption 0.15 [% at 20°C in 24h]
- Support material Fiberglass
- Sliding layer Specially woven PTFE filament
- Housing Ø H7
- Bushing inner-Ø after mounting Depends on wall thickness of the bushing
- Shaft tolerance Based on customer’s requirement
- Steel > 200HB dressed to size, surface roughness < 0.8 Ra
- COM-KU®/M is suitable for high load, rotating, oscillating and reciprocating moments under slow speed. It has excellent mechanical properties and fatigue strength. Robust sliding layer and very good wear behavior.
Range of application
- Suspension, defense industry,off-shore applications, hydraulic cylinders, mooring equipment
- COM-KU®/M is a maintenance-free bearing material. No lubrication is necessary.
- Housing: Chamfer min. 1.5 mm x 15-45°, for easy bushing alignment
Shaft: Chamfer 5 mm x 15°, for easy insertion of the shaft
- SBS advises to use a force fitting mandrel for the installation of the bushing. It might be necessary to apply some grease on the outer surface of the bushing
- Freeze fitting is suitable for diameter > 130mm, dry ice or liquid nitrogen can be used.
* For higher requirements – e.g. higher temperature ranges – different materials are available in this category.
** The listed values in the material properties are valid for optimal operating conditions. By changing the conditions of application, e.g. an increase in the sliding speed or strain, these values could shift.